"Walkabout" is the forty-sixth televised episode of the series Gargoyles, and the thirty-third episode of Season 2. It originally aired on February 7, 1996.
- Story edited by: Michael Reaves
- Story by: Michael Reaves
- Teleplay by: Steve Perry
- Directed by: Dennis Woodyard
- Animation by Koko Entertainment Co., LTD
- Backgrounds by Koko Entertainment Co., LTD
- Additional Production Facilities: Dong Yang Animation Co., LTD
Fox and Anastasia Renard create the Matrix using nanotechnology and test it in the Australian outback. The Avalon World Tour travellers join forces with Dingo at the test site after the Matrix gets out of control. The Matrix has evolved beyond its original programming and threatens to cover the Earth with microscopic machines. Goliath and Dingo confront it in the Dreamtime, and Dingo convinces it to pursue law and order.
Fox's pregnancy is progressing, and her child is revealed to be male.
- "Your grandson just kicked me." - Fox
- "Why not? I always did fancy a trip to Disneyland." - Dingo
- "I can't say that one was a blazing success, mate." - Dingo
- "Your peace is that of the grave!" - Goliath
- "I wanna be a hero again. For real this time." - Dingo
Matrix is introduced, and bonds to Dingo at the episode's end. Matrix and Dingo are protagonists of the SLG miniseries Gargoyles: Bad Guys, and appear in the first episode of that series, "Strangers".
The Shaman is introduced. He reappears in "Strangers".
As knowledgeable fans have pointed out, the script misused the term "Dreamtime" here, treating the Dreamtime as if it was another dimension. In fact, the Dreamtime of actual Australian Aborigine legend was a time, the time when the world was newly created and going through the processes that would shape it into its familiar form.
|<< Previous Episode: "The Hound of Ulster"||Next Episode: "Mark of the Panther" >>|