Welcome to the GargWiki Community Portal! Here we provide a simple introduction to the GargWiki community and a few useful tools to help editors navigate the site.
Before you begin
Anybody can sign-up to GargWiki and help out. Users are free to jump right in and start adding content, but if you're new to wiki editing you are encouraged to browse some or all of the following pages:
- GargWiki:Copyrights - At GargWiki we do not accept copyrighted work of any kind without the copyright holder's explicit consent.
- GargWiki:Policy - Here you can find a few behavioural guidelines that users are expected to follow while using this site.
GargWiki talk:Community Portal, this page's associated talk page, is for discussions and suggestions relating to the whole of GargWiki. If you would like to get more involved in the running of GargWiki, or if you have an idea to improve the site, you can add it there. Please remember to respect your fellow editors.
As well as this, here is a list of other ongoing discussions elsewhere on the site:
- Talk:Timeline#Propose_Splitting_1996.2C_and_perhaps_other_major_years - Users are debating whether or not the Timeline should be split into multiple pages. This discussion is on hiatus until April 2008.
- Category talk:Redemption Squad - Users are discussing whether to include the Director in this category in some form.
- Talk:Robyn Canmore - Users are discussing how best to disambiguate the page Hunter
- Talk:Angels in the Night - User:Matt has suggested incorporating Apocrypha banner headings, in the same style as Template:CIT article
- Talk:Hunter's Moon Part Three - User:M m hawk has asked for comments about inclusion of the missing scene from this episode.
- Talk:Labyrinth Clan - User:Vaevictis Asmadi has put forward the idea of separating gargoyles and gargoyle beasts in other clans, along the lines of the mutates/gargoyles separation in this article.
- Talk:Sleipnir - Users are discussing how to categorize Sleipnir's species
- Talk:Coldtrio - The canonicity of this articule needs to be determined.
- Talk:The Mirror - User:Vaevictis Asmadi has asked whether or not to link to the 2006 Radio Play in this article
- Category talk:Hybrids - What is the origin and canonicity of the term "halfling"?
- Category talk:Apocrypha episodes - User:Demonskrye has asked for a rename of this category.
- Talk:Maggie the cat (prototype) - User:Matt has proposed a new format for character pages and seeks comments/criticism/approval.
- Category talk:Characters by affiliation - User:Supermorff requests a decision on whether "affiliation" categories include all members (even former members) or merely current members
- Talk:Timeline#Future_vs._Recorded_History - User:Vaevictis Asmadi proposes that we clarify what counts as "present" in preparation for The Gate.
In this section, editors can list GargWiki pages according to the work that needs to be done on them. Editors can request pages anonymously or sign their comments by adding three tildes at the end: ~~~
Editors are also encouraged to give a brief explanation as to why they have listed the page, and ideas for improvement.
Special:Wantedpages contains an automatically-generated list of non-existent pages with the most incoming links, but users can also request pages to be created by listing them here.
- Ask Greg -- Since most of our canon-in-training information originates from this site, and since it is such a big part of the fandom, I think a page on Ask Greg would be appropriate. We could include a brief history of how it started, how it works, maybe list the competitions that have been held there. And we can have a big link to it at the bottom. -- Supermorff
- Gillecomgain's father
- Disney Adventures -- It would be good to have an article in the style of Gargoyles (TV series), The Goliath Chronicles, etc. A general explanation of the magazine, but with focus on the Gargoyles stories. -- Supermorff
- Star Trek -- Well why not? We've got an article on Jalapeña, after all, and this is no less silly even if it is an out-of-universe idea. Plenty of the voice actor pages would link to it.
- Or you could do "Starfleet" which is mentioned in dialogue by Brooklyn in... uh... Her Brother's Keeper I think. That could work as an excuse to cover Star Trek and the connections to the actors. Or maybe I'm overthinking things?
- Humans -- They fear what they don't understand... and there's probably more that could be said for them. -- Supermorff
- Talent for invention and technology. Make too much noise (and constantly modify their environment) to sense the biorhythms. Probably invented naming. History with a focus on their relations with other races. -- Vaevictis Asmadi 10:07, 24 December 2007 (CST)
Pages in need of expansion
Special:Shortpages contains an automatically-generated list of pages with the least information, but users can also list pages to be expanded here.
Here, users can list articles that they believe could be improved by the inclusion of appropriate images.
- Natsilane - User:Vaevictis Asmadi has requested using a different picture in the article (see talk page)
- Princess Katharine - User:Vaevictis Asmadi has requested a picture of the older Princess Katharine from later episodes
- Scarab Corporation - User:Matt has requested a picture of Scarab HQ
- Sleipnir -- Supermorff
GargWiki:Special Thanks contains a list of influential people that helped create GargWiki in its current form. Also, editors can also recognize the efforts of regular users of GargWiki by listing them here:
- Kudos to VA for rewriting the first sentences of tons of articles for better uniformity of format! (Feel free to use this section for kudos to other editors too.) -- Demonskrye 20 September 2007
- Oh, thank you! :) -- Vaevictis Asmadi 13:09, 20 September 2007 (CDT)