I believe in "The Journey", B.J. was credited as "Billy's Mom".
- I'm not definitively saying your wrong, as I'm at my Sony Office as opposed to my own office so I can't check, but that seems wrong to me. "The Journey" was the only voice recording of Goliath Chronicles that I supervised, and I certainly knew that Salli had been the original voice of "Billy's Mom". And since Salli was IN the episode, there's no particular reason why we would have given the role to B.J. --Gweisman 19:45, 3 January 2008 (CST)
- While they aren't flawless resources, TV.com and IMDb both say B.J. played Billy's Mom in "The Journey". If someone with a copy of the episode could check, that would be great. -- Supermorff 08:29, 4 January 2008 (CST)
- With HUGE THANKS to Landon Thomas at the Ask Greg Comment Room, we've now got a screenshot of the end credts in "The Journey", which lists B.J. Ward's roles as "FLEANCE, BILLY'S MOM, ALEXANDER". So I don't know why the crew would have changed the casting around for that character (except that they did the same for Margot Yale), but it seems as though they did. I'll add that back to the article.
- Incidentally, does "ALEXANDER" mean Alexander Fox Xanatos? That's definitely a surprise to me. Should we add that role to the article as well? -- Supermorff 12:24, 7 October 2008 (CDT)
- The thing to keep in mind is that I was NO LONGER there supervising the credits. Their accuracy is dubious. Certainly, B.J. played Fleance, but I'd have to listen to the voice to be able to say if she also played Sarah. (If there's a youtubelink, post it, and I'll tell you in a couple seconds who's doing the voice.) But it seems unlikely. Why use B.J. when Salli was there? As for Alexander, I KNOW that's wrong. My (then) 1-year-old daughter spoke Alexander's one-word part, i.e. "Doggy". But since my daughter was not in SAG nor did we have a social worker supervising her, we couldn't legally credit her. So obviously someone wrote in B.J.'s name for that part. ----Gweisman 16:52, 7 October 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks for the explanation about Alex's voice. That confused me for a while there.
- Hey, did you notice in that clip that the logo on Vinnie's T-shirt disappears as soon as he moves his hand over it? It's magic! -- Supermorff 20:28, 7 October 2008 (CDT)
- I suppose it makes a bit more sense for Tom Wilson to have played the Jogger, since none of Pat Fraley's other roles have speaking parts in the episode? Or was that credit wrong too? -- Supermorff 20:40, 7 October 2008 (CDT)
Just to throw my two cents in, I think the voice of "Billy's Mom" sounds more like BJ Ward, that is the voice reminds me much more of Fleance then it does of Elisa. I know that in "Thrill..." it is definitly Salli, but this voice sounds a bit rougher and lower. *shrugs* -- Matt 21:10, 7 October 2008 (CDT)
- I've listened again and... I just can't tell. It could be Salli, definitely, or it could be B.J. I'm just not familiar enough with either voice to know for sure. I'm pretty sure that the Jogger is being voiced by Tom Wilson, though. -- Supermorff 09:15, 8 October 2008 (CDT)
- Hopefully, Greg will take a look at the YouTube link and give us a definitive answer, but I'm pretty sure it's B.J. I don't have the best ear for this sort of thing, so I wouldn't bet money on it. But I've heard her voice on tons of shows and it sounds very much like one her standard voices, likely very close to her normal speaking voice. -- Demonskrye 10:00, 8 October 2008 (CDT)