Team Atlantis was a series developed by Walt Disney Television Animation to follow the theatrical film Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Tad Stones was the producer, and Greg Guler was the lead character designer for the series. Vic Cook was a director, and Dave Schwartz was a storyboard artist. Greg Weisman served as the Voice Director and also wrote at least a couple of scripts for the series.
Unfortunately, due to the disappointing box-office take for the film, the series was cancelled a third of the way through production -- before more than a few episodes had begun being animated -- though scripts and voice work were nearly complete and storyboards had begun on many episodes. Three completed episodes of the series were later re-edited into the direct-to-video sequel, Atlantis: Milo's Return.
The main characters from Atlantis: The Lost Empire are reunited and travel about the surface world, tracking phenomena caused by Atlantis's mysterious crystals. These characters include:
- Milo Thatch, linguist
- Queen Kida of Atlantis
- Vinny, demolitions expert and florist
- Mole, digger
- Joshua Sweet, physician
- Audrey Ramirez, mechanic
- Cookie Farnsworth, cook
- Wilhemina Packhard, communications expert
- and Preston Whitmore, the eccentric millionaire who foots the bill.
The following Gargoyles cast members appeared in Team Atlantis. They are listed in alphabetical order.
- Jeff Bennett - Sam McKeane
- Clancy Brown - Edgar Volgud
- Sheena Easton - Fiona Canmore
- Bill Fagerbakke - Sven
- W. Morgan Sheppard - Erik Hellstrom/"Odin"
- Marina Sirtis - The Gorlois
- Cree Summer - Queen Kida
- Frank Welker - Obby/Mantell
- Tom Wilson - Ashton Carnaby
References to Gargoyles in Team Atlantis
- See "The Last".
- Casting Morgan Sheppard as Hellstromm was partially intended as a nod to his voicing of Odin on Gargoyles.