Talk:The Spectacular Spider-Man
Have a reference for the Emily Osborn casting tidbit? --Supermorff 05:39, 6 December 2010 (CST)
- Yes, he told me when we had dinner after New York Comic Con, and I asked his permission to post it last night. --GregX 10:35, 6 December 2010 (CST)
Cast members who previous provide their voices in previous cartoons
I was wondering if it would be okay to note the voice actors who previous did voice work in the previous Spider-Man cartoons (Jim Cummings, Ed Asner, Keith David, Cree Summers). Antiyonder 00:17, 25 February 2011 (CST)
- Interesting question. I think I would disapprove of adding a separate list for them, but might be okay if some of them were mentioned in passing. Ed Asner voiced a fairly major character (J Jonah Jameson) in the 90s series, so maybe that's worth mentioning. Or maybe it isn't, since this isn't really a Spider-Man wiki. I'm not sure. (Wow, this post was really unhelpful, wasn't it?) -- Supermorff 04:00, 25 February 2011 (CST)
If it will help, here's an example of how I'm going to go about presenting it:
- Thom Adcox - Phineas Mason/Tinkerer, Homunculi.
- Ed Asner - Uncle Ben
- Ed Asner provided the voice for J Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man The Animated Series and Officer Barr in Spider-Man The New Animated Series.
- Jeff Bennett - Montana/Shocker, St. John Devereaux, Bernard Houseman.
- Xander Berkeley - Quentin Beck/Mysterio
- Clancy Brown - Captain George Stacy, Alex O'Hirn/The Rhino
- Lacey Chabert - Gwen Stacy
- Jim Cummings - Crusher Hogan
- Jim Cummings provided the voice for The Shocker in Spider-Man The Animated Series.
And well, I figured it would be worth noting that Cummings voiced a character that was later voiced by Jeff (Granted The Shocker in TAS was a generic henchman rather than a member of The Enforcer). Antiyonder 15:37, 25 February 2011 (CST)
Infact, another one that came to mind is Dorian Harewood who voiced Tombstone in TAS, with Keith David taking the role in TSSM (For an episode and radio play at least). Antiyonder 15:47, 25 February 2011 (CST)
- I'm okay with that layout. But I don't think you should mention about characters that have been voiced by other actors, because then the connection would be through the Spider-Man character not through the Gargoyles actor. -- Supermorff 16:06, 25 February 2011 (CST)
Well, let me confess to being totally biased here, but I despise the 90's Spidey toon, and I would prefer that series not be mentioned at all on this site. I think we've filled our crap quota with TGC. But again, this is just my opinion. --GregX 20:22, 25 February 2011 (CST)
I agree. Anyway Ed Asner's spider-history is already noted on his Gargwiki page. I mean Michael Reaves wrote for the short lived Spider-Man: Unlimited (1999-2000) cartoon. That would be interesting for a Spider-Wiki and perhaps it could be noted on his Garg Wiki page (as in "Michael has also written for TMNT, Spider-Man: Unlimited, Peter Pan and the Pirates..."), but not really relevant here. --RJackson 11:42, 26 February 2011 (UTC+09:00)
- Fair point. If the info is on Ed Asner's page already, it doesn't need to go here too. -- Supermorff 07:50, 26 February 2011 (CST)