DuckTales is a 1987 Disney animated show which ran on syndication from September 18, 1987 to November 28, 1990, later becoming part of the Disney Afternoon block. It also had a feature film, DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp The show was rebooted with the Disney XD premiere on August 12, 2017, and temporarily seeing episodes airing first on the Disney Channel before returning to it's original network where it's finale premiered March 15, 2021.
Both versions centered around the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie based on the Uncle Scrooge comic books. They also included characters made for the show such as Launchpad McQuack, Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack (Webby for short).
The following Gargoyles cast members appeared in DuckTales (The 1987 and/or 2017 version). They are listed in alphabetical order.
- Michael Bell - Lieutenant Garlic (1987) and Quackerjack (2017)
- Gregg Berger - High Muckyduck (1987)
- Jeff Bennett - F.O.W.L. Eggheads and King Honestly (2017)
- Clancy Brown - Frankenstein (2017)
- Jim Cummings - El Capitán (1987), Jim Starling/Darkwing Duck and Paddywhack (2017)
- Keith David - Manny the Headless Man-Horse (2017)
- Bill Fagerbakke - Ghost of Christmas Present (2017)
- Tress MacNeille - Mrs. Featherby, Circe, Queen Ariel, Agnes the Harpy, Millionara Vanderbucks (1987) and Daisy Duck (2017)
- Rob Paulsen - Gladstone Gander, Robin Lurch, Sundowner (1987), and Gibbous (2017)
- Peter Renaday - Captain Slattery and Catfish McDuck (1987)
- Cree Summer - Amunet (2017)
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa - Akita (2017)
- B.J. Ward - Loopy McQuack (1987)
- Frank Welker - Big Time Beagle, Baggy Beagle and Bubba Duck (1987)
- April Winchell - Black Heron and Zenith (2017)
Greg Weisman was the story editor for the 1987 series episodes "New Gizmo Kids on the Block", "Curse of the Metal Mites", "The Golden Goose, Part 1 and 2". He also worked a bit on "A DuckTales Valentine (Amour or Less)" and "Treasure of the Lost Lamp".
Tad Stones also served as story editor to the Valentines Day special and voiced a security guard for the 2017 series episode "The Duck Knight Returns".
Bob Kline was a storyboard designer for "Treasure of the Lost Lamp".
References to Gargoyles in DuckTales
In 2017 series finale "The Last Adventure!" after being shot by the Blessed Bagpipes, Manny the Headless Man-Horse's statue head (resembling Scrooge McDuck's) becomes flesh, prompting Manny to declare "I live again", similar to Goliath stating "We live again". His body, however, turns to stone much like how gargoyles do during stone sleep.
Later in the episode, Manny is restored to life again (even restating such) and tosses his statue head to regrow his original, as well as wings and becoming gargoyle-like in the process before fighting the Phantom Blot. During the sequence, the Gargoyles theme briefly plays.
References to DuckTales in Gargoyles
Launchpad's phrase from the 1987 series "Any crash you can walk away from" was used by:
- Lexington after landing the Pack's helicopter. ("Her Brother's Keeper")
- Xanatos upon barely landing his helicopter after Fox turned to stone. ("City of Stone Part Two")