Welcome to the GargWiki Community Portal! Here we provide a simple introduction to the GargWiki community and a few useful tools to help editors navigate the site.
Before you begin
New users are always welcome at GargWiki, however due to past instances of vandalism and spam against the wiki it has been locked to prevent users from adding or editing content without permission. If you wish to contribute to GargWiki, first create your username, then leave a comment containing your username at the Ask Greg Comment Room, asking to be allowed to edit the site. One of our bureaucrats will be happy to give you editing priveleges. Thank you for your patience.
If you are new to GargWiki, or wiki editing in general, you are encouraged to browse some or all of the following pages:
- GargWiki:About - This page contains a brief description of GargWiki, an explanation of how articles are organized, and a short history of the site.
- GargWiki:Copyrights - At GargWiki we do not accept copyrighted work of any kind without the copyright holder's explicit consent.
- GargWiki:Policy - Here you can find a few behavioural guidelines that users are expected to follow while using this site.
GargWiki talk:Community Portal, this page's associated talk page, is for discussions and suggestions relating to the whole of GargWiki. If you would like to get more involved in the running of GargWiki, or if you have an idea to improve the site, you can add it there. Please remember to respect your fellow editors.
As well as this, here is a list of other ongoing discussions elsewhere on the site:
- Talk:Timeline#Propose_Splitting_1996.2C_and_perhaps_other_major_years - Users are debating whether or not the Timeline should be split into multiple pages. This discussion is on hiatus until April 2008.
- Talk:Hunter's Moon Part Three - User:M m hawk has asked for comments about inclusion of the missing scene from this episode.
- Talk:Labyrinth Clan - User:Vaevictis Asmadi has put forward the idea of separating gargoyles and gargoyle beasts in other clans, along the lines of the mutates/gargoyles separation in this article.
- Talk:Sleipnir - Users are discussing how to categorize Sleipnir's species
- Talk:Coldtrio - The canonicity of this article needs to be determined.
- Talk:The Mirror - User:Vaevictis Asmadi has asked whether or not to link to the 2006 Radio Play in this article
- Category talk:Hybrids - What is the origin and canonicity of the term "halfling"?
- Talk:Appearences Section - Ongoing discussion relating to the Appearences Section of Canon Character articles. Also deals with citation within History Sections and possible future improvements to these pages.
- Talk:Timeline#Future_vs._Recorded_History - User:Vaevictis Asmadi proposes that we clarify what counts as "present" in preparation for "The Gate".
- Talk:Series Bible - Discussion concerning the addition of information from the Series Bible and what to do with it, etc.
- GargWiki talk:Feature - Discussion concerning the Featured Article section on the Main Page and suggestions for future such articles.
- Talk:Diane Maza - Was Diane Maza really named after Diane Duane and, if so, can we provide sources for this?
- Talk:Generations (review) - Users are discussing possible formats and rules for both reviews and episode/story summaries.
- Talk:PackMedia Studios - Users are discussing the various canon and grammar issues dealing with the Studio's name.
In this section, editors can list GargWiki pages according to the work that needs to be done on them. Editors can request pages anonymously or sign their comments by adding three tildes at the end: ~~~
Editors are also encouraged to give a brief explanation as to why they have listed the page, and ideas for improvement.
Special:Wantedpages contains an automatically-generated list of non-existent pages with the most incoming links, but users can also request pages to be created by listing them here.
- Dracon Family -- Does anyone else think New York's biggest crime syndicate deserves it's own page and category, or do you guys think the Tony Dracon and Organised crime pages pretty much cover everything relevent? -- Algernon 08:01, 22 October 2009 (CDT)
- Gargoyle Way -- We hear this phrase a lot to mean a lot of different things. Maybe someday we can cook up a page talking about the gargoyle code (parenting, banishing, leader/second, all that) Mabe it could help split up the gargoyles page more, as I did when I made clan. -- Matt 16:44, 1 January 2008 (CST)
- Construction Worker -- Another recurring character without a page. Where there any others we have not done yet? -- Matt 17:15, 23 January 2008 (CST)
- From Vendettas and Hunter's Moon 1. Any other appearances? -- Supermorff 15:10, 1 February 2008 (CST)
- Executive Assistant -- Owen Burnett, Preston Vogel, Glasses, Shari, Robyn Correy... Not sure if this is a dumb idea or not, but I thought I'd put it out there for discussion. Feel free to totally reject this one. -- Matt
- You mean the bit at the end of an episode where Xanatos reveals that he was behind everything that happened (assuming that wasn't already obvious) and points out how even though the gargoyles foiled his plan or apparent plan, it's all good because he learned something that will make him more awesome? Does that really need its own entry or can we just cover it in the David Xanatos article? -- Demonskrye 06:15, 10 July 2008 (CDT)
- Yeah, one of them things. The problem with putting it in the Xanatos article itself is that Xanatos is an in-universe canon character, whereas the Xanatos tag is an out-of-universe production... thing. Besides, Thailog sometimes has his own "Xanatos tags" as well. -- Supermorff 06:45, 10 July 2008 (CDT)
- I think a "Behind the Scenes" section would cover it. And we could put an additional link to Xanatos in Thailog's Behind the Scenes section when talking about his penchant for similar speeches. -- Demonskrye 07:28, 10 July 2008 (CDT)
- Space-Spawn War or Galactic War... something to describe the conflict between the Space-Spawn, the N'Kai and the unknown third race.
- I think we should consult Greg to find out if he has a name for this war or at least a placeholder name. -- Matt 12:23, 12 October 2008 (CDT)
- Good plan. I wonder if the involved races have different names for it? -- Supermorff
- Since we now have articles for two unmade stories ("The Weird Macbeth" and "Hobgoblin of Little Minds"), how about a page for the multi-trickster story (about which we know quite a bit, but not the title). -- Supermorff 04:40, 5 December 2010 (CST)
- I was just thinking. We have aircraft and exo-frame pages. Shouldn't we have one for weapons? DTaina 21:46, 18 January 2009 (CST)
- Theseus: Even though he's barely mentioned in canon, I'm still kinda surprised that this page hasn't been created yet. One of Greg Weisman's favorite characters, and there's more than one rambling dedicated to the guy (, , , ) . . . plus, he killed Taurus's ancestor, the Minotaur. (Greg W. also has a caveat about introducing Theseus here , but I still think a page for him couldn't hurt) ;) -- Pheon 06:44, 6 December 2010 (CDT)
- The Disney Afternoon: with the latest boom of Disney Afternoon comics with, well, BOOM! Studios (as well as those Gargoyles easter eggs in the occasional issue), we could use the page . . . plus, Darkwing Duck already links to it ;) --Pheon 21:30, 26 March 2011 (CDT)
- It's hard to believe there's now so much merchandise that we may be actually falling behind! So for those interested in making them, a page for the Goliath Vinyl Soda Cans, and a page for the Diamond Select busts (Goliath, Xanatos, and Demona so far) are up for grabs. --Pheon (talk) 17:49, 3 June 2023 (PDT)
Pages in need of expansion
Special:Shortpages contains an automatically-generated list of pages with the least information, but users can also list pages to be expanded here.
- Humans -- Talent for invention and technology. Make too much noise (and constantly modify their environment) to sense the biorhythms. Probably invented naming. History with a focus on their relations with other races. -- Vaevictis Asmadi 10:07, 24 December 2007 (CST)
- Kenner Action Figures
Here, users can list articles that they believe could be improved by the inclusion of appropriate images.
- Applause Figures -- vintage, but visuals would certainly help the page. --Pheon (talk) 17:49, 3 June 2023 (PDT)
- London Street Thugs -- Griffinwyrm7 has requested a picture of the London Street Thugs on their page.
- Yeah, there's a pan of it but I haven't finished it yet. DTaina 01:44, 10 February 2009 (CST)
- Demona's Clan needs an updated picture (collage?) with new clan members shown in the TimeDancer comic arc. -- Litwolf 25 August 2009
- Old Pog could use another pic of him not in his stone form, although this may require someone to donate a model sheet or a drawing not used in the comic. -- Supermorff 10:22, 12 December 2010 (CST)
- This is an unusual one, does anybody have any better pics of "Gargoyle" from W.I.T.C.H.? The one I have isn't that great. Ideally I'd like one from season 2 where he got that new lava hand from Nerissa. --Algernon 16:55, 13 August 2010 (CDT)
- A general thought, but it'd be awesome if we eventually found images for a lot of the old various merchandise, like the VHS's, books, and posters (even the ALA READ poster). No doubt, there's probably a few dedicated editors taking on this endeavor, but I thought it couldn't hurt to add the post . . . for officialness-sake :) --Pheon 21:30, 26 March 2011 (CDT)
- Not sure if its something you might already have/in-the-works, DTaina, but I was thinking that a pan of the logo on Fortress-1 (from "Awakening, Part Five" I think) would be nice for the Cyberbiotics page. It might not be the official company logo for Cyberbiotics, but I think the page could use a cool pan :) --Pheon 10:09, 31 October 2011 (PDT)
Wanted Pages Cleanup
I've tamed the list to under 150. With new canon constantly being added on a (wonderfully!) monthly basis, I wanted to clean up the special page so that the majority of the dead links would either be pages the folks on this wiki would like to actually create and build one day, or continue to serve as placeholders for pages needing proper names (this second example mostly applies to future issues of the current comic). The remaining dead links are largely cluttering old talk discussions or were outright typos, and so eliminating them throughout the wiki will make it easier to determine what still needs making. In the case of the old talk pages, I hope those edits properly preserve those discussions without being obtrusive. --Pheon (talk) 22:52, 1 June 2023 (PDT)
Images without pages
GargWiki:Special Thanks contains a list of influential people that helped create GargWiki in its current form. Editors can also recognize the efforts of regular users of GargWiki by listing them here:
- Kudos to VA for rewriting the first sentences of tons of articles for better uniformity of format! (Feel free to use this section for kudos to other editors too.) -- Demonskrye 20 September 2007
- Oh, thank you! :) -- Vaevictis Asmadi 13:09, 20 September 2007 (CDT)
- Kudos to User:Supermorff for his hard work creating and implementing the CIT text and banner templates. -- Vaevictis Asmadi 21:22, 26 September 2007 (CDT)
- Thanks very much! -- Supermorff 03:53, 27 September 2007 (CDT)
- A big well done to User:Matt, and also User:Greg Bishansky, for adding Appearances sections to every canon character article. -- Supermorff 14:45, 31 December 2007 (CST)
- Thanks! I can't believe it took less than a day. Thanks everyone who helped put it together, offered suggestions, corrected errors and reminded me of things I'd forgotten. Wait'll you guys hear my next big idea! -- Matt 14:48, 31 December 2007 (CST)
- Massive kudos to D Taina for image contributions past, present, and future. -- Demonskrye 14:25, 15 May 2008 (CDT)
- Thank you!! :D I try! -- D Taina 00:50, 20 May 2008 (CDT)
- Massive kudos to EVERYONE! We now have 900 articles. Think we can make it to 1,000? --GregX 00:55, 12 January 2009 (CST)